Thursday, November 6, 2008

Greetings Earthlings!

Just what the world needs, another freakin' blog!

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Paul Honeycutt. I live in Fort Collins, CO after being raised in Northern California (Hayward, Humboldt County, Sonoma County), living in Tempe and Tucson, AZ, Charlottesville, VA, Skagway, AK and a few other assorted places for short periods of time. I'm a musician who plays six and twelve string electric and acoustic guitars, mandolin, lap steel, musical saw and assorted percussion instruments as well as sing. Some of the bands I've played with include Captain Fishlips, Kilgore Trout, Full House, The King Salmon Nuke Spooks and many other groups you've never heard of. Currently I focus my attention on three groups, Lalla Rookh (www.lallarookh.com), Tuatha (www.thatha.net) and The 4:20 Special String Band (no web presence at the moment).

Why am I doing this? For no good reason other then as another outlet of self expression. I have no set focus. I may write about politics on one day, spirituality or music or just general observations on life on earth in the 21st Century on another. I don't really have a cause to promote, or an axe to grind. I'm an absurdist. I look at the world with a slightly detatched outlook and tend to think life is more or less a musical comedy.

What I hope you get out of this is a little entertainment that gives you pause to look at the world in another way.

1 comment:

GaryJ said...

Hello Fellow Earthling Paul,

I know you from when you were playing with Little Billy Marsh and the Swampthings!!